Family Photos

Saturday, 16 September 2006

Back to the Photo Album main page
Back to the September 2006 page

Yesterday I flew to California to be present at Grandma Hollingsworth's Internment Service.  I had a nice dinner with Dad at a fabulous old restaurant, and had a huge hotel room all to myself.  Uncle Gary flew in a little bit later and we had some time to spend together (he and Dad stayed up most the night, I think!).  We were the only non-Californians to attend.

Today, after some running around to get the programs printed (the Kinko's in IL printed them incorrectly!), we made our way to the cemetery.  It's a beautiful old cemetery at the top of a hill with some of the best views in the area.  The ceremony was simple - a scaled-down version of the IL Memorial in August.  She would have loved that so many of her CA friends and family were there.

This is the same cemetery where much of Grandma's family is buried.  The Hollingsworths' and Brookfields' headstones are shown below.  More photos tomorrow.

After the Service, we went to a local hotel for a family reception.  I didn't get any photos of all the attendees, but did manage to get some of the "kids" before everyone left.

Page 1  |  Page 2

Grandpa Ted's kids, Doreen, Jacque, and Ted

The Kids and their spouses

The Kids and spouses, Dad and Gail, Gary

Home

Us

Photos

Music

Books

Movies

School

Email